Enrollment Information

Enrollment Information

New and Returning Student Enrollment

Select the approprate enrollment option for your family below:

Kindergarten & Transitional Kindergarten Registration

To learn more about required documents, birth dates and other important information, please click the button below:

1st - 12th Grades New Student Registration

To learn more about required documents, birth dates and other important information, please click the button below:

Returning/Current Student

To learn more about Interdistrict and Intradistrict transfers, what to expect as a continuing student entering 6th or 9th grade and to fill out the "Intent to Continue at CRPUSD Survey," please click the button below:

Open Enrollment FAQs - English

23-24 School year

When is Open Enrollment?

Open Enrollment is January 9th through February 28th.

What is Open Enrollment?

Open Enrollment is the best time to enroll your student in TK, or Kindergarten. Parents may choose the elementary school of their choice, and the family will be treated as a resident of that school for the remainder of their stay at that school. It is also the best time to choose a middle school for 5th-grade families. Families choosing a school after open enrollment receive a lower priority.

Do TK and Kindergarten families need to fill out an Intradistrict transfer form to choose a school outside of their attendance area?

No. During Open Enrollment TK & K families may choose their school of choice. Grades 1-12 must complete an Intradistrict Transfer Form with Student Services. However, students from a school’s attendance area have priority if space is tight.

If my student is already enrolled in their school from last year and won’t be changing schools, do I still need to register during open enrollment?

No, you are all set. You should, however, ensure the school has your current contact information.

Will TPA resident 5th grade students attending other elementary schools have TPA as their default middle school for grades 6-8?

No. All Thomas Page Academy (TPA) 5th-grade students who are currently attending other schools will have Technology Middle School (TMS) as their middle school of residence. If these families want to attend TPA or Lawrence Jones Middle School (LJMS), they must apply through the intradistrict transfer process, linked here.

Will we take IDT families (families from outside the district boundaries) during open enrollment?

Yes, but they will be placed on a waitlist. We must ensure that our resident families are given priority registration before outside families enroll.

How will 5th grade families hear about open enrollment?

We will use Facebook, the district’s website, direct email, and hard copies going home with students. These messages will start before winter break in December, and then continue in January when we return from winter break. All communication will be in both English and Spanish. We will also be communicating with 5th-grade teachers so they understand the process.

Will the LJMS lottery be equal for all families, or will the district enforce the enrollment priorities as part of the lottery process?

We will use enrollment priorities outlined in CRPUSD board policy 5116.1 & administrative regulation 5116.1

What priority do families have after open enrollment?

All enrollments after open enrollment closes on March 1st will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis, using the district’s enrollment priorities.

Will all sites have TK classes this year?

All six elementary schools will have TK classes this year.

When is the LJMS lottery?

It will take Student Services one month to process all the transfers and ensure data integrity. The LJMS lottery will take place in the first two weeks of April in the M1 conference room at the district office. The lottery is open to the public, and all families on the lottery list will receive an email and letter about the date and time of the lottery.

If my 5th grade student currently attends Evergreen or Marguerite Hahn, do they automatically get enrolled at Lawrence Jones Middle School as a new 6th grader?

No. Each middle school has a unique attendance zone that is not related to the attendance zones of elementary schools. Every family should look at the district website to find out which middle school is their resident school; here is the link. Simply unclick the elementary schools on the left side, and enter your address in the available space. If you’d like to choose a different middle school than your resident school, you’ll need to complete an intradistrict transfer form and submit it to Student Services by February 28, 2024. The intradistrict transfer is based on space availability, which may include a lottery process. Student Services is located at the district office on the Technology Middle School campus at 7165 Burton Avenue, Rohnert Park, CA, 94928. For more information, please contact Rina Fabros in Student Services at (707) 792-4540 or email her at

If I moved into the attendance zone of one school after open enrollment last year and had to enroll my student at a different school for the 2023-2024 school year due to lack of space at my school of residence, do I need to complete an Intradistrict transfer to attend our home school for the 2024-2025 school year? Please Add a Title

Yes, so we can track students moving between schools. You will be the highest priority to attend your school of residence since you live in their attendance zone.

We are recognized nationally for having top quality teachers and staff, innovative programs, and safe, well-maintained schools. We offer excellent academic programs, social and emotional learning, specialized technology programs, robust extracurricular offerings, and experiential learning opportunities. We have a wide variety of academic programs designed to meet every child's needs. Our schools offer accelerated learning challenges, advanced placement courses, college and career preparation, and early intervention programs.

Please note: you are not enrolled until the required documentation is delivered to your school of residence.

If you would like to register for a school outside of your residence zone after March 1st, 2022, you will need to submit an Intradistrict request. However, if you wish for your elementary school-aged child to attend one of our magnet schools, Richard Crane (Year-Round) or University Elementary, you may register directly with the school, no intradistrict forms are required.