Enrollment opens for the 2024-2025 school year beginning January 9th
Kindergarten - Beginning in the 2024-2025 school year, your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2024 (date of birth between 9/2/2018 and 9/1/2019) to register for Kindergarten.
Students may register for Transitional Kindergarten if they turn 5 between September 2, 2024 and June 2, 2025 (date of birth between 9/2/2019 and 6/2/2020).
Students are not enrolled until the following documents are returned to the school of choice:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization record
- Proof of residence within the district (* see details below)
- Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten Questionnaire
- Kindergarten Health Exam (English & Spanish)
- Kindergarten Oral Health Assessment (English & Spanish)
* Residence Documents Required for Initial Enrollment for all K-12 Students: Must produce ONE of the following for enrollment:
- Payment verification of the following utilities in parent/guardian name: gas, electricity, water, or garbage for the current residence within 2 months of enrollment
- Rental/Lease agreement – current or recently signed in parent/guardian name.
- Mortgage statements in parent/guardian name. If the home is under construction a title/deed or signed sales or purchase agreement in the parent/guardian's name will be accepted.
- Property tax receipts for the current residence n parent/guardian name.
- Rent payment receipts within 2 months of enrollment.
- Documentation from the Department of Human Services with current residence
- Court documents indicating current residence
- Shared Residence Affidavit / Declaración Jurada de Residencia Compartida (please submit only if you do not have your own residence and are living with another person/family)
Note: Once the pre-registration form opens, you can click the globe on the upper right of the page to change the preferred language.
Online Registration for Transitional Kindergarten Next school year only (2024-2025)
Online Registration for Kindergarten - 12th grades This school year (2023-2024) and next school year (2024-2025)
The Cotati-Rohnert Park Unified School District is committed to offering parents the opportunity to choose the district school that most suits their child's individual needs. Parents/guardians may request attendance for specific schools during the open enrollment period annually from January through February. For more information about open enrollment, please contact your school's office manager.
If you want to know what school your child will attend, you may use the School Locator Tool.
After February 28th, you will need to register your TK/Kinder student at your school of residence. If you would like to register for a school outside of your residence zone, you will need to submit an Intradistrict Transfer Request. Please note that all students coming from outside the Cotati-Rohnert Park area require Interdistrict transfers, even during open enrollment. However, if you wish for your child to attend one of our magnet schools, Richard Crane Elementary (Year Round) or University Elementary, you can register directly with them, no intradistrict forms are required.