Stable Funding for Our Schools
Below you can review both Measure B and Measure D
Cotati-Rohnert Park Unified School District Parcel Tax Renewal November 2015
Measure B renews an existing $89 per year parcel tax beginning on July 1, 2017, and continues for eight years through June 2025. Funds will be used to maintain reading, writing, math and science programs; attract and retain qualified teachers; keep school libraries open; and prepare students for college and careers. Seniors are exempt and the measure includes the same fiscal accountability as Measure D.
Cotati-Rohnert Park Unified School District Parcel Tax June 2012
To protect quality education and provide locally-controlled funding in our neighborhood schools, the Cotati-Rohnert Park Unified School District Governing Board has voted to place Measure D — the Quality Teacher and Academic Instruction Measure on the June 5, 2012 ballot.
Measure D may help minimize the impacts of declining state funding and ensure our students receive the quality education they need to go on to college and compete for jobs in today’s tough economy. The measure will cost $89 per parcel annually for five years and provide locally-controlled funding that our schools can count on to protect the most essential instructional programs for students.
- Preserve quality reading, writing, math and science programs
- Keep school libraries open and available to students
- Protect art, music and vocational education programs
- Retain and attract qualified teachers
- All funds will stay in our schools and cannot be taken by Sacramento
- No money can be spent on administrator salaries or benefits
- Independent citizen oversight and annual audits will ensure funds are spent as promised
- Senior citizen homeowners, aged 65 or older, can receive an exemption