Student Services

Student Services

The LCFF Household Income Form has transitioned back to the National School Lunch Program application for schools participating in Provision 2 (all sites except John Reed, Monte Vista, Richard Crane, Thomas Page Academy and Technology Middle; they are operating under CEP and are required to complete the LCFF form through PowerSchool). I'm not sure how clear this is. Call if you need additional information.

Household Income Form


Frequently Asked Questions

How does the free/reduced-priced meal program affect school funding?

Every student who is under a certain income, learning English, or in foster care generates 20% more funding. In districts where at least 55% of students fall into these categories, they receive even more funding. In Cotati-Rohnert Park Unified School District, additional dollars are given to each school to increase or improve services for these students. Completing the Household Income Form ensures your school receives all available funds.

Why is my school requesting completion of a Household Income Form instead of the National School Lunch Program Application?

Normally, families complete a National School Lunch Program (NSLP) application to determine whether they qualify for free or reduced priced meals under the National School Lunch Program. Due to COVID-19, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) issued nationwide waivers to allow for the operation of the Summer Meal Program through June 30, 2022. This program allows LEA’s to provide free meals to every student for the 2021-22 school year. However, while operating under the Summer Meal Program for 2021-22, LEA’s cannot collect NSLP applications. For 2021-22 school year, LEA's must collect Alternative Households Income Forms to determine whether a child would have qualified for free or reduced priced meals. Local Educational Agency (LEA) gather this critical information to determine state funding under the Local Control Funding Formula.

Do I need to fill out an application for each child?

No, you can fill out one form for multiple children in the same household. 

How does this funding support CRPUSD students ?
  • Helps pay for school counselors
  • Funds after school programs
  • upports additional tutoring
  • Supports excursions and field trips
  • Helps pay for parent and family engagement
If parents/guardians express concern about the confidentiality of the information requested on the Household Income form, what should they know?

Our system is confidential. Parents/guardians can be assured that the information collected is confidential and for use in the District only.

Do I still need to fill out a form if I qualify for other benefits?

No. If you are currently receiving food stamps, CalWORKS, KinGAP or FDPIR benefits and your information has not changed, your child automatically qualifies.

Can a parent/guardian choose not to complete the Household Income Form?

Yes, a parent/guardian may choose not to complete the Household Income Form. Such parents/guardians should write “Decline to Complete” across the form, complete the student name section, and submit.