Kindergarten Registration

Kindergarten Registration

Age Requirements

Beginning in the 2023-2024 school year, your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2023 (date of birth between 9/2/2017 and 9/1/2018) to register for Kindergarten.

Transitional Kindergarten

Students may register for Transitional Kindergarten if they turn 5 between September 2, 2023 and April 2, 2024 (date of birth between 9/2/2018 and 4/2/2019). 

*Register for next school year only (2023-2024)


Please register your child online by using the links below. Once the pre-registration form opens, you can click the globe on the upper right of the page to change the preferred language. 

*Register for this school year (2022-2023) and next school year (2023-2024)

The process is fairly self-explanatory

Instructions for parents can be found here:

Student Enrollment Requirements

Students are not enrolled until the following documents are returned to the the school of choice:

  1. Birth Certificate
  2. Immunization record
  3. Proof of residence within the district (* see details below)
  4. Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten Questionnaire
  5. Kindergarten Health Exam (English & Spanish)
  6. Kindergarten Oral Health Assessment (English & Spanish)

* Residence Documents Required for Initial Enrollment for all K-12 Students: Must produce ONE of the following for enrollment:

  • Payment verification of the following utilities in parent/guardian name: gas, electricity, water, or garbage for the current residence within 2 months of enrollment
  • Rental/Lease agreement – current or recently signed in parent/guardian name.
  • Mortgage statements in parent/guardian name. If the home is under construction a title/deed or signed sales or purchase agreement in the parent/guardian's name will be accepted.
  • Property tax receipts for the current residence n parent/guardian name.
  • Rent payment receipts within 2 months of enrollment.
  • Documentation from the Department of Human Services with current residence
  • Court documents indicating current residence
  • Shared Residence Affidavit / Declaración Jurada de Residencia Compartida (please submit only if you do not have your own residence and are living with another person/family) 


After February 28th, you will need to register your TK/Kinder student at your school of residence. If you would like to register for a school outside of your residence zone, you will need to submit an Intradistrict Transfer Request. Please note that all students coming from outside the Cotati-Rohnert Park area require Interdistrict transfers, even during open enrollment. However, if you wish for your child to attend one of our magnet schools, Richard Crane Elementary (Year Round) or University Elementary, you can register directly with them, no intradistrict forms are required.

Open Enrollment

The Cotati-Rohnert Park Unified School District is committed to offering parents the opportunity to choose the district school that most suits their child's individual needs. Parents/guardians may request attendance for specific schools during the open enrollment period annually from January through February. For more information about open enrollment, please contact your school's office manager.

Boundary Information

If you want to know what school your child will attend, you may use the School Locator Tool.

Contact Us

We invite you to contact our district enrollment liaison with any questions at 707-792-4540 or